PR- Learn it, Live it, Love it!!

Friday, February 16, 2007

I have a job!!!!

That's right people, I am wonderful and have beat out a whole one other applicant to get a position in the fantastically named design company Fat Frog in Jesmond, Newcastle!

Given that our timetable for this semester is pathetic (a meer 8 hrs a week, only Wednesday and Thursday) and spurred on by how much i enjoyed my work placement, I decided it was probably time i got off my lazy student backside and got a job!

When I arrived, I was equally suprised, astonished and delighted to be given the title of Public Relations Officer, BRILLIANT! Basically, I am officially working one day per week but at the minute it is more like two to three days as we have a big project that we are working on.

I am loving the job! It's great experience and I am working with some lovely people. One girl in particular is really helpful and just a total sweetie.

Anyway, as my first task I am working on a project for a science orientated company! Which presents a massive challenge of, first of all understand what the hell a nano is and then explaining that to other people. I am also learning to adapt a scientific style of writing in my press releases. Very tricky but great experience!

Anyway, I only started last week so not much to report as yet but I will keep you posted. Don't forget to leave your comments!...

1 Comments:

  • Thats great Charlie, it sounds like a great company! You'll have a total ball, don't forget to tell me all about it on your blog!!

    By Blogger Samantha Wilcox, at 1:43 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home