PR- Learn it, Live it, Love it!!

Wednesday, December 20, 2006

Placement, Placement, Placement!

Well, day three, I sound like that Big Brother guy! Ha!

Anyway, back to serious. My third day has been pretty good. Although I have had some fairly tedious tasks to do they were quite therapeutic. I was asked to phone round all the publications on our database for forward feature lists for 2007. What on earth are forward feature lists I hear you say?!

Well, most publications make plans of what subjects their features will cover month by month for the whole year ahead! Obviously this can come in quite handy for an PR & advertising agency. For example, if a publication is doing a feature about life insurance, an agency may have a client involved in that field. They can contact the publication on behalf of their client and ask if they would like them to contribute, thus providing an opportunity for exposure. Good isn't it?!

Equally they could choose that issue to advertise in as it is complimentary to the feature.

Well, get me. I never thought I would being explaining forward features on my blog!

I have also been compiling a list of possible retailers to get on board with an upcoming campaign. That has also got my little brain ticking. It is so easy to miss out an essential contact and as I was very eager to impress, I was determined to think of everything. They seemed to be quite pleased and very grateful so I think I can say 'job done!'

The thing that has become most apparent to me today is that the little tedious jobs are often the most important. So perserverance is key!

Will somebody please leave some comments, nobody has yet, it's almost as if everyone's life doesn't centre around me! :(

3 Comments:

  • 'Life doesn't revolve around you?' Thats's a lie!! Lol, sounds like your having a ball on your placement, hope you continue to enjoy it remember totake some time off for Xmas fun! See you in 2007!!

    By Blogger Samantha Wilcox, at 3:19 AM  

  • I'm sitting at my desk in Sydney and came across your blog as i'm thinking about creating my own blog and wanted to see some random bloggs.

    I read the bit where you said 'would somebody please leave a comment' so I did. I usually avoid doing everything that everyone tells me, but this time Charlie, you got me.

    Ciao and good luck!

    From the other side of the planet, never to meet again...

    Have a nice life, and come over here if you value freedom:)

    T

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 3:25 AM  

  • That is absolutely brilliant! I can't believe i reached Aus!!

    Thanks for leaving a comment, I think you should definately start a blog! You reach all sorts of random people. lol

    Anyway, Merry Christmas x

    By Blogger Charlie, at 5:35 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home